Flashed is the climbing industry's most trusted padding for route climbing areas.
Our system is great to walk on for high traﬃc areas, easy to keep clean, suited for heavy traffic and able to disperse energy well. We have done extensive testing on this padding at heights up to 45ft. Although we plan for fall heights only up to the first bolt accidents from higher certainly do happen. So be sure to ask for the g-force rating of route padding before making your decision.
The same as with Bouldering, planning out your route padding during the early stages can lead to significant cost savings and ultimately a better user experience. To understand your specific needs, we offer many services including on-site visits, full gym analysis, laser mapping, and CAD modeling. We then validate your requirements with in-house testing, our recommended fall-zone and egress, and develop a padding system that delivers the best composition and thickness for your budget, use, and style.
Our standard recommended Route Padding option has 2in Carpet Bonded foam with 4in of PU open cell foam. Thicker PU may be considered with taller wall heights. Each carpet bond piece is attached together using custom made Velcro strips for a secure connection.
For wall heights that reach up to 50ft and above, you may want to consider an 8in floor (2in cbf and 6in PU). Take a look at our Commercial Performance and Flexibility page to see a graph of various products using the Triax2015 testing equipment.
The Little Details
- In the design phase, we provide AutoCAD drawings of the layout and design of the facility.
- Under our padding system we place a Vapour Barrier to help protect against moisture from coming up from the concrete floor.
- If there is no natural barrier, like a climbing wall, a perimeter will be built using superior fastening materials and custom-made Flashed fasteners.
- After the installation and at your request we can perform an Accelerometer Drop Test to determine the impact attenuation performance.
- Our padding systems include warranties for workmanship and manufacturing defects. Keeping your facility in top shape is a top priority so turn-arounds with our in-house production minimizes any downtime.
Our route flooring systems are more than just foam and CBF with thin Velcro to connect it; we have numerous unnoticeable aspects that set us apart.