Christian was born in Savona, Italy, in 1974 and started climbing when he was 12 years old, with the famous alpinist Fulvio Scotto.
He was a member of the Italian national team and athlete of the “Fiamme Oro” (Golden Flame) (group belonging to the Police). While in Italy, he also acted as a coach of the national youth team of the Italian Federation. Christian is a previous World Boulder Champion, European Boulder Champion, and Italian National Champion in Boulder and lead. He now lives in Squamish, Canada, with his family and coaches both junior and adult competition climbers full time. He is also one of the Canadian National Team coaches.
Best competition results:
- World Champion 2003 (Boulder)
- Winner of the World Cup 1999, 2002 (Boulder)
- European Champion 2002 (Boulder)
- Winner of the International Master Extreme Games – California 1998 (Lead)
- European Champion 1999 Military (Speed-Lead)
- Winner of the Italian Cup in 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003 (Boulder)
- Italian Champion 1997 (Lead), 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012 (Boulder)
- Winner Dima Rock Master – Spain 2006 (Boulder)
Together with Stella, he has traveled to many of the world’s top bouldering destinations climbing many of the most challenging boulder problems. Also, doing the first ascent of “Gioia” (Joy) in his home area of Varazze, the first problem graded v16 (Font 8c+).
My favorite crash pads are the Hueco pad. I love the idea of personalizing it!
Check out his training plans here!